Lots of big changes in iOS 14.5
Apple surprised everyone in the first beta with a whole load of functional ones. For example, there is a new “mask mode” for Face ID to unlock your iPhone despite a mouth / nose protection. An Apple Watch is required for this. In addition, the iPhone 12 now also supports 5G with dual SIM, the controllers of the Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X can be connected, and Apple has given the iPad a horizontal boot screen. For the Apple Card, which is not available in this country, Cupertino is apparently preparing family functions, and references to “financial health” can be found – obviously analysis functions to help the user get his finances under control.
A more detailed representation with screenshots can be found in this article:.
No new beta of macOS 11.3 yet
Apple has released a second beta for all platforms – but the first beta of macOS 11.3 is still available for download from the developer portal on February 2. Apple usually sends updated beta versions of macOS a few hours or days later.
Overview: Current beta versions
As usual, we finally summarize what it currently looks like in the developer area – i.e. which pre-release versions are available, which build number they have and when they were released:
- macOS 11.3, Beta 1: Build number 20E5172i (published 02/02/2021)
- iOS 14.5, Beta 2, Build number: 18E5154f (released: 02/16/2021)
- iPadOS 14.5, Beta 2, Build number: 18E5154f (released: 02/16/2021)
- tvOS 14.5, Beta 2, Build number: 18L5163d (released: 02/16/2021)
- watchOS 7.4, Beta 2, Build number: 18T5159f (released: 02/16/2021)