Everything that can help for the administrative management of a business, it is good to implement it to improve control and finances. And that includes efficient computer programs that streamline and improve all processes. The billing is one of the most important and there is a great variety available in the market for all types of companies and needs.
Billing programs, which to choose
Running a business is something that must be handled with great care. It depends on that if it works correctly and that everything is carried out in the most orderly, legal and efficient way possible. This involves a series of important areas, among which the financial part stands out, and of course, the sales invoicing, essential for the sustainability of the company.
In times past, these processes, including records, billing and finances, were carried out manually, with all the cumbersome and labor that that implied. Today the situation is totally different and technology allows automating and integrating all processes with the support of computer programs that do practically everything and leave clear accounting records of the activities carried out.
Are quite advanced systems, reliable, simple to use, which facilitate the work and administration of companies, which are adapted to all types of businesses, and which have special functions and benefits for the different types of commercial activity.
How do they work?
Administrative softwares are functional and useful, and are designed for specific areas of work. For example, billing programs have special functions that help to develop all related processes in a clear, easy way, and that allow greater administrative and accounting control.
There are advanced billing programs for MAC, ideal for freelancers and small companies that have Apple computers, since they facilitate the completion of invoices and help to keep a clearer, more practical and simple record of this area.
The programs not only do they issue paper invoices, but also perform a number of tasks related, such as the management of suppliers, customers, products and services, income, electronic invoices, sales budgets and proforma invoices, corrective invoices, bank receipts, periodic invoices for scheduled purchase systems and others.
They also offer the possibility of working the system’s products in any language, thanks to its multilingual platform, with which an invoice could be issued in Chinese, for example, if the client so requested.
In addition, they include complete traceability systems, with which the business can make a faithful follow-up, specifying the batch numbers of the products sold, serial number, expiration and delivery dates, and guarantees, a function that is very useful for companies. who want or need to identify the lots of each product sold.
An advantageous feature of these programs is that the installation of the billing software in the cloud or on premises it is equally possible, depending on the application used, for either of the two media.
Types of billing software
There are several types of billing programs that are classified according to their functionalities:
- Billing and accounting: allow integrating suppliers, customers and invoices, as well as managing the accounting of income and expenses. They can also develop and submit well-designed accounting designs.
- Cloud billing: the data is stored in a cloud storage system, that is, in virtual external servers that are managed by companies that provide the service.
- Billing for SMEs: specially designed for companies that do not have more than 250 workers in their workforce and their annual income is below 53 million euros.
- Billing for freelancers: The individual entrepreneur also has access to these types of programs so that they can also use them in their business.
- Warehouse and billing: allow a fluid stock control management, increasing or decreasing stocks in real time, according to sales and the incorporation of new batches of merchandise.
- Free or trial billing programs: these are versions with limited functions that are used for the customer to test them before finally purchasing them. They are ideal for companies that are starting and need to adapt to the processes.
Essential features of a good billing program
For an invoicing software to do its job efficiently, it must have some basic features, among which are worth mentioning:
- Good design and easy to use: it must have a comfortable and user-friendly interface that allows you to get the most out of it. It must also allow it to be adapted to the different uses that are had in the company.
- Test demos: It is important that the customer first tries a demo version to see if the product really provides solutions to their needs, after which they can purchase the full version of the program.
- Compatible with all major operating systems– Must be able to work with Windows, MAC OS, iOS and Android.
- Upgradeable– Must be upgradeable, to accommodate user demand and to remain compatible with updates to all operating systems.
- Versatility in its functions: it has to be able to adapt to any need the company has, for which it must handle scalable functions that are adjusted to different requirements.
- Maintenance service: the supplier company must guarantee permanent advice, updates and eventual maintenance, to guarantee the optimal functioning of the system.
How much do these programs cost?
The price range of this type of software can vary between 0 euros, for basic programs with limited services and functions, up to 600 euros that a software of this type with all the functions costs, and that also may have the system of cloud billing. In any of the versions you want to choose, a monthly maintenance fee must be paid, which will be around 30 euros.
A billing program can integrate a wide variety of functions in one place, which simplifies processes and allows full control over the entire system. This helps to better manage finances and grow the business, in addition, it allows analysis to evaluate possible improvements on the fly.